Monday, May 17, 2010

Slightly off topic...

A few days ago, I made a pizza that Paul said looked so good he thought we should take a picture of it for me to put on the blog....
It was quite tasty. (Pillsbury pizza crust, but some day I will make my own. In my spare time.)
And that reminded me of the meal I made when my mom came to visit a couple of months ago and she said the same thing.....
(apricot sesame glazed pork tenderloin, bleu cheese au gratin potatoes, and green beans)
Again, quite tasty! I forgot to blog about it though. She specifically wanted to send the picture to my uncle Bob to show him what I made in the pots and pans he gave us for our wedding. We spent about 10 days trying to figure out how to post it on her Facebook page (ok, it was really about an hour an a half).
Back on topic (yarn, the shop etc....), here is one of our Brimfield finds:
...which I spent today putting a clear finish on. And, a sneak peek in the background of the new shelving!
I've been spending the last few days getting ready for the 3rd Annual Fashion Show-and-Tell (and Anniversary) Celebration. In case you haven't had enough reminders from me, it is tomorrow - May 19 - 6-8pm. Food! (the appetizery kind) Prizes! (the good kind) Hope to see you there. I'm slightly concerned about seating, so if anyone happens to have a folding chair and wants to bring one, please feel free. (you could leave it in the car until it's determined we need it...)
What is on my needles?
First, what recently came OFF my needles...
The Kromboommsloot Snood from the Knitting Brioche book:
Made with Debbie Bliss Fez (wool and camel). A very cute, slouchy hat! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the yarn. I can't say it enough. It is so soft and was a really nice squooshy feeling yarn for this pattern. A class to make this hat is coming up. Knitting brioche is a very pretty and interesting-to-knit technique!
And I made this Woodstock Knits Market Bag kit in two days... talk about a quick knit!
A very easy pattern to follow, this is a great bag... I've got a few more kits in the shop and more will be on the way. Perfect summer knitting since it is cotton and you can use it to bring to the beach (not just the market!). And really nice cotton to work with -- it is soft and not hard on the hands like cotton can be sometimes since it doesn't have much give.
Now to what's ON my needles:
I started the Vine Bolero( http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vine-bolero ) with Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool:
So far, I'm really liking it, once I got used to how to set up the pattern. The designer was good at giving some tips for how to do this. I'm looking to have this as a class in the summer.

I also started the Shalom Cardigan ( http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shalom-cardigan ) with Cascade Eco + :
This is a chunky weight yarn and is going very quickly. Love it so far.
Customer Show-and-Tell:
Max's Constant Companion bag which she made in a class here at the shop:
Knitted in three beautiful Cascade 220 colors!
And Allison's Sheep Tote, also made in a class here at the shop (soon to have a needle felted sheep on it --- more pics to come):
Made with Lamb's Pride bulky -- can't wait to see the sheep!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Don't understand why there are no OLIVES on the pizza!!!!!