Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's official....

....it's cool enough outside to have a nice warm fire inside!
Very cozy and great for knitting next to.
I've been doing lots of knitting! I made these felted double cuff mittens:
Jana and I will be teaching this class in October and November. She made some really pretty green ones that I forgot to take a picture of!
And I'm virtually done with the Trellis Stitch Pillow from the new Knitting at Home book:
I have the front and back done. Just need to emroider some circles and sew on some buttons (uh oh!) and then seam and stuff. I LOVE IT! There are so many patterns in this book that I love and want to knit. There is a greally great hooded house coat and some cozy looking bed socks and another pillow (a floor pillow!).
Ooh, and I've finally finished my Periwinkle Sheep Spinning Room colorway socks!
You can't really tell in this picture, but one of the socks has a different pattern than the other, and it will be debuted in a kit at Rhinebeck! It is a very subtle and simple pattern (my first crack at designing a sock), and hence, why you can't see it in the picture, but I think it's kind of nice.
Here is a picture of my Echo Flower Shawl progress:
I know. It doesn't look like much or tell you what it's going to look like. The yarn is very springy, making it scrunch up more than regular lace knitting. And the really pretty browns/greens just don't show up well in this picture. BUT, I'm enjoying how it is coming along and it is a nice pattern.



And my Girasole is also coming along nicely!

Love love love the Pastaza, despite the fact that it sheds while you are knitting it. It's just going to be the warmest blanket ever. (I'm told the shedding subsides after it is washed).


And look at Jana's awesome Twisted Cardigan!!!


So. Cool. It will be coming to Rhinebeck too, as a sample for a one skein Ecological Wool project!
Customer Show and Tell:

Nancy C's very cute car seat blanket made with Encore:

Linda's short row scarf made with Mini Mochi:
You wouldn't believe how soft this scarf is!
Nancy E's adorable baby socks:

Alison's Tappan Zee made in a very pretty shade of green (Silky Wool):

And check out her needle-felted squirrels! (How cute are they?):


Pat's warm and cozy Thermis neckwarmer, made with Debbie Bliss Fez:
Eleanor's Done by Monday Blanket made with Encore Drifting Worsted:
Lois' adorable Kiddie Cadet Cap:

....And her Short Row Scarf made with Noro Kureyon:

Ronnie's adorable baby set, made with Sirdar Kisses:

Janell's beautiful shrug made with Baby Alpaca Grande Hand-Dye:
Patti's Lizard Ridge Afghan Squares!
So pretty! She says she's hooked and can't stop making them!
Cathy's beautiful afghan made with Encore:


Once again, so many great projects! Thank you all for bringing them in to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - how cute are those squirrels?!!? Love them!

Jana