Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer inspirations

How about these next few patterns to give you some inspiration for your summer knitting?

I'm continuing work on my Budding Apple Shawl:
This is the pattern we are doing for our current knit-a-long which started on Saturday. (Yes, that's the same picture from the last post - I haven't gotten too much farther!) We have several people participating! So far the biggest grumble is about casting on. The shawl is knit from the bottom up, so you have to cast on at least 250(million) stitches. I am doing the medium so I had to cast on 370 (million) stitches. I turns out that I cast on about 1,000 (million) stitches since I started over three times. Somehow I just wouldn't accept the fact that the long-tail cast-on might not be the best to use in this instance. It's never too late to join in on the knit-a-long and we're available for help when you get stuck!

Meanwhile, have you heard that Noro Taiyo is on sale this week? 20% off! I wanted to showcase this yarn because it's a nice option for summer knitting. A worsted weight Cotton/silk/wool/nylon blend with 220 yards per ball. With your purchase this week, you'll receive a copy of the free Multidirectional Scarf pattern which can be made with one (or two) balls of Taiyo.

Here is Trudi in her adorable short sleeve cardi which can be made with 2-3 balls of Taiyo:
This is also a free pattern found on Ravelry here: Gilet court d'ete

And here is Robin in her recently finished Siesta Tee (that one's free too!) made with Cotton Rich DK:
If you are interested in participating in a class for this tee, let me know and we'll put one together!

Customer Show and Tell:
Darla's husband, Charlie needle felted a lining for this pool stick case:

.....which he made!:
Isn't that wood gorgeous?


Mary Kate's Multnomah Shawl (another free one! You'd think I didn't want you to buy patterns at the shop -- which isn't true. I do want you to buy patterns at the shop too!) made with Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors sock yarn:


Stevie's slipper socks which have mohair knitted into the bottom for extra warmth and cushiness!:


Mari's Stranded Tam made in a class here at the shop with Cascade 220 and Noro Silk Garden:


Susan's wonderful shawl made with many different colors of Cascade 220:

No comments: