Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pullin' a Yarn Harlot

So, most of you know that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka The Yarn Harlot) travels alot. If you read her blog, you know that she knits and also works on her computer on ALL of her flights. Well...I pulled a Yarn Harlot and I uploaded pictures for the blog during my flight to Florida. Because the connection was so slow, I also knit while the pictures were uploading. But I did not knit socks...that would be what Ms. McPhee would do. I've been knitting my Noro Striped scarf. The only thing I didn't do was take a picture of my knitting and my computer on the tray table of the airplane. But, I ran out of time on the plane so I wasn't able to do that. And...once I got off the plane, I promptly forgot that I hadn't posted yet! So, it's the night before Thanksgiving and I just remembered. So, I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Don't forget to stop in the shop this weekend to take a break from the malls and the traffic. Remember that Saturday is Small Business Saturday too so be sure to patronize your favorite small business this Saturday and through the holiday season.

So...pretty much all I have below is customer show and tell. But I do have to confess, I've left my notes somewhere in the shop and I don't remember who owns some of the items below. So, if it's yours and I forgot, please accept my apologies and comment below.

This is Shiela's Boogie vest, I think. I hope I'm right on that one.


And I'm sorry but I've forgotten whose Irish Hiking Scarf and hat this is. Oh wait...it's...oh shoot...I just forgot. I can picture who it is but can't remember her name...so sorry.



Kathy L's Pavement Scarf and 2 Noro hats. So nice!



And her beautiful sweater from the Vintage Modern Knits book made out of Cascade 220 Sport. This picture does not do it justice. The cabling on this is just gorgeous.



Nancy C's blanket made for herself out of Encore. Perfect for those upcoming chilly nights.


The next 3 pictures are Flora's and Yvette wrote everything down for me about each item and I can't find the note. Guess it's been a little hectic. They are all beautiful Flora!








Melissa and her sock made during the Socks 101 class. Very nice...now onto the second one!

Jane's Noro hat. She added the earflaps. Isn't it cute?


More from Kathy L. Two Temple Cats Hats made during class here. I love these hats.

And Mari's Temple Cats Hat, also made in class here at the shop. And, her Knitted Beaded Ball made during the Charity Knit-Along this past weekend.


Have a good week everyone and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Liz said...

"Oh, Honey!"....It's Ethel's Irish Hiking Scarf and hat!

Anonymous said...

Hello
I love your projects.I am writting from Turkey.I sell yarns on iceyarns.com.I see that you always make projects.I would like to offer for your knitting groups.I will send you yarns(FREE) and you will knit them.I have over 5000 yarns.I wonder what you can make this yarns.I am waiting to hear some news from you.Thanks
My mail adress: ismail@gsc.com.tr