Thursday, June 26, 2008

Forget-Me-Not Sock


For those of you who were at the knit-in last night and witnessed my very aggravating struggle with starting my sock, I finally finished the edge. Here it is!
For those of you who weren't there, I learned a new technique : making this picot edging for my sock. It involved using a crochet hook and waste yarn to create a chain, then picking up and knitting into the back loops of the chain, then knitting and YO-ing for a while, then picking up the stiches knit into the chain to knit together with the existing stitches. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so frustrating because I kept messing it up. But, thanks to the encouragement of the knit-in-ers, I eventually got the hang of if. Woke up early this morning to keep working on it and finally got the whole edge done. Hopefully by the time I get to the second sock I won't have forgotten how to do it. I think it is very cute, though, and will be a good summertime sock.
This pattern is the Forget-Me-Not sock which I found through the Crystal Palace Yarns website www.straw.com . I'm using their Panda Cotton in periwinkle (one of my favorite colors!).
We had fun at the knit-in, especially talking about food! The time passed quickly and we didn't even realize it was already 8:30. You must come join us - Wednesdays 6:30-8:30.

1 comment:

emcknits said...

I am sorry I missed that, it sounds like you had fun. I went to the library group on Wed.