Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spinning (and a SALE!)

On my days off, I did a little practicing with my spinning... finally! It's been hard to find the time, with so many other things to do (knit).

So, remember this?

On the right is some Fleece Artist (from Nova Scotia) Blue Face Leicester Sliver hand dyed roving (50 grams) that I got at Adirondak Yarns in Lake Placid LAST February when Paul and I took a day trip. (refresh your memory here: http://yarnshopthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/02/day-off-at-lake-placid.html )


Yesterday I spun it:


And today I plied it:

And hopefully someday soon I'll wash it and then knit with it!

I also finished my crocheted hot pad/pot holder for an upcoming class:

Made with Rialto DK. This picture does not show the purple very well (on the outside of the light blue). This was fun to make and didn't take very long. I particularly love the light blue part - so pretty! It always amazes me how someone figured out how to get these designs out of using some yarn and a hook. And who can't use a pot holder, right???


AND I finished my Easy Bulky Sweater for the Family (Child's version), also for an upcoming class:

Knit with Kids Rock, a new acrylic chunky yarn with colorful flecks in it. GREAT for kids. The pattern is for babies to adults, so using Encore Chunky, Lamb's Pride Bulky or Cascade Ecological Wool are great choices too. A truly easy pattern.


That's what I've been doing --

Don't forget..... I'm having a SALE this week! March 10-March 14 . 20% (or more) off all yarn!

No comments: