Thursday, August 19, 2010

No camera, lots of fun

What's going on on the homefront?
Paul and I went to see Annie Get Your Gun at the Park Playhouse in Washington Park last Saturday. It was so much fun. I never knew the songs "There's No Business Like Show Business" and "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" were from this musical! The play is now over but I highly recommend you go next summer. A nice evening outside and the musicals are always great. As usual, forgot my camera.
http://www.parkplayhouse.com/

I also went to visit my mom and my sister and nephews in Connecticut. Went to a great hibachi restaurant for my nephew's 12th birthday. So much fun. As usual, forgot my camera.

What's going on around the shop?
The Altamont Fair is this week -- several of the Spinning Room's customers submitted items and won ribbons! If you go to the fair, stop by the Sheep Barn to see the items on display. Also, The Spinning Bee is this Saturday at noon. Do you spin? Join in! (drop spindle and spinning wheel categories).

Fall yarns are making their way in. Start planning your fall and holiday projects! Bear with us as we move the shop around to make room for these yarns. If you don't see what you are looking for just ask us!

What's on my needles?
I'm plugging away on my Mythos cardigan. I spent some time at my mom's on my "weekend" and got a lot done on the first side. Finally made it past all those sizing hurdles!

I also started working on a shop sample of a new Woodstock Knits kit that is coming, the Twisted Circle scarf, made with their beautiful alpaca yarn. No pics yet, since I only have a couple of rows.

Finally I'm going to be casting on for the third time for the upcoming Beaded Scarf class, the Undulating Waves scarf. I started twice with a yarn that just wasn't working. Now, I'll be working with The Periwinkle Sheep's new cashmere sock yarn! Yummy.


What are Spinning Room customers knitting?
Kathy's adorable baby socks made with Maizy:



Deborah's Mobius cowl, made with Silky Wool:



Sally's gorgeous Blooming Cotton Scarf made with Cotton Rich DK:




Stevie's adorable purple flamingo (the body is knit around a golf ball!) made with leftover Cotton Rick Dk from her Blooming Cotton Scarf!:



Yvette's pretty hat (a pattern in the new KNITS magazine) made with handspun yarn:




Mary Kate's very pretty Noro Leaf Hat made with Noro Kuryeyon:




Annie's Orientation Hat collection (for incoming international students at UAlbany) made with various yarns including Ella Rae Classic, Noro Kureyon and Malabrigo:



Susan's gorgeous, soft drop-stitch shawl made with alpaca yarn:

Finally, don't forget that you can make comments on the blog! At the end of the entry you will see "0 comments" (or "3 comments", depending on how many people have commented!). Click on that and you will be brought to a screen where you can type in your comment. You will see "Choose an identity" below the box where you have typed your comment. You can click on "Name/URL" if you'd like to leave your name, or just click "anonymous". Sometimes it's easiest to click on "anonymous" and just sign your name in the comment box. So, comment away!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hello!

I didn't realize spindlers and wheel spinners got separate categories... I was already thinking of trying the Spinning Bee but now how could I resist?