Monday, January 24, 2011

A one-bite Saturday

Another busy Saturday at the shop. Here is how busy it was:

....one bite of my PB&J is all I got! Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I just thought it was a good pictorial description of how busy it was. (and how un-like me to make it a food reference.) [Have I ever talked about how much I love PB&J? I could eat it every day and not get tired of it. Just like I could have pizza for dinner every day and not get tired of it. I just love it. And it's even better (the PB&J, that is) with potato chips on it!]

The KAL is still going strong with lots of progress being made. I wish I had thought to take pictures of everyone's progress Saturday. [Note to self: take pictures this Saturday!]

This is my Wallaby with the sleeves just attached. I demonstrated how to attach them at the KAL. It's coming along nicely and I really like it. Can't wait for the next step.

I also started a Traveling Woman shawl (free or for-purchase-for-a-more-advaced-pattern on Ravelry) with Periwinkle Sheep Sock Dream (mmmmm, cashmere) in Sophisticated:

Several customers have knit this and I decided to offer it as a class coming up in April. It will be a great class for those who want to try a lace project for the first time. Stay tuned... the new class schedule will be up soon. Hopefully later today.....

In the meantime, here is some CUSTOMER SHOW AND TELL!:

Pat's felted mittens and hat, made with Andes; and her felted clogs made for her son, with Lamb's Pride Worsted:



Mary Kate's Stranded Cowl, made during the class she took here at the shop last weekend; AND the matching mitts that she whipped up to match:



Mary Jane's Mobius Cowl, made with Noro Kochoran:



Dorah's Fake Isle Hat, Felted Mittens, and Shawl Collared Cowl:



Bonnie's Snug baby jackets (another free Ravelry pattern!)

This may also be an upcoming class, if not this Spring, then maybe in the fall.... Very cute, with lots of techniques to learn. (Thanks for the suggestion, Bonnie!)


And a wonderful top-down sweater made with Cascade 220 by this lovely woman whose name is escaping me! Sorry!:

She stepped outside the box and made this in a color she wouldn't normally have chosen and she LOVES it!


And take a look at Suzanne's lovely needle felted scenes:

....made with inspiration from her pictures of her trip to Hawaii! Pretty amazing.


Speaking of the Traveling Woman shawl..... this is Alison's second Traveling Woman shawl, made with Periwinkle sheep sock yarn:



Sue Z.'s cowl and keyhole scarf:




Sue A.'s fruit caps made with Encore:

1 comment:

Joan said...

I think I need to have my monitor checked cause I think it only shows purple items made by you!!!! The shawl is LOVELY as is the yarn!!!