Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Weekend

Saturday was a bustle of activity at the shop! Three classes and the knit-a-long meant lots of knitting creativity was going on. Thanks to Jana who worked so Paul and I could enjoy a weekend in Vermont...

It was a slow drive up since it snowed the whole way there. Made for lots of white knuckle knitting (when I wasn't closing my eyes) as Paul drove through it all. I worked on my Tudor Henley which I started this time last year when we went to Geneva, NY. Sorry, no pictures. It looks virtually the same since I was knitting for 14 inches.

We stayed next to the Quechee Gorge:



We went and visited our old house:

Just like when we lived there, it was snowing nowhere else that day but up on the hill where we lived! (eerily similar to where we live now...)


The pretty (frozen) fall in our town:



Then we went to have dinner at our favorite restaurant in Bradford (and where we got engaged!), The Perfect Pear:

....but it was closed! So, we went to the Vermont Beer Company in the basement of the same building and had a nice dinner there.


We also went to our favorite antique place in Quechee:




Then, before we left, we went to breakfast at a great diner:




Here's what we got our beverages in:

Loved it!

No other knitting to tell you about. I haven't had a chance to make much more progress on my Wallaby but I'm hoping to this week. Stay tuned!



CUSTOMER SHOW AND TELL:

Janell's felted mittens that she made for her husband:
Marie's Easy Bulky Hat made with Encore Tweed:
Robin's cabled scarf made with Big Softie and her hat (can't remember what she used to make the hat!):

Trudi's sweater (not sure of the name or what it is made of but I suspect it may be Noro or Noro-like.... this was taken during the very busy Saturday!)


Sally's Noro Striped Scarf made with Noro Kureyon:
Lisa's Done by Monday afghan made for her son with Encore:
Kathy's shadow vest:

And her Shawl Collared Cowl made with Balder:

AND her felted mittens made with Malabrigo, and fingerless mitts:

1 comment:

Joan said...

ALL projects as usual are awesome--Went to Queechee Gorge many years ago and took a walk along it and I was petrified the entire time--beautiful but scary place!!!