Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big Knit-in = lots of show and tell!

We had about 23 people at the knit-in last night! As always, lots of fun and lots of cool projects being knit. And finished.... many of you brought in projects to show me, so here they are.....
Me first! I finally finished my Spring Fling Cardigan (a kit from Woodstock Knits):
I love it. These kits are so nice and I love that she dyes the buttons with the yarn so they match!
And I've put the finishing touches on the fleted backpack (a class in August....):
Ok, so I still have to sew the straps on (they are tacked on with safety pins), but it's virtually done. Ooh and there's Laura's Pinkie Blanket on the chair (another class in August - great for beginning lace knitters).
Here is Pat's entrelac scarf made with the Noro Silk Garden. The colors are just great:
Nancy's yarn that she spun from a merino/silk roving. It is so beautiful and feels so soft (sorry the pic is blurry!):


Another Nancy's Waterfall Beaded scarf which she made during a class here at the shop:
She used the Mirasol Tupa --- very yummy yarn.
Laurie brought in TWO projects!
Her crocheted, beaded necklace:
Aren't the beads beautiful?
And her wonderful Constant Companion bag:
My favorite color combination!
Susan's sock made from the new Crofter DK. The patterns are so pretty!
Libby's Branching Out scarf which she made during a class here:
So beautiful in the purple Silky Wool!

And finally, Sally's 8-hour baby blanket made with the Encore:
I forgot to ask if it really only took 8 hours...

Keep the projects coming! I love to see them and many of you have told me how much you like to see the pics on the blog. Lots of inspiration.....

No comments: