Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Anniversary

At the end of this month, I'll have owned The Spinning Room for TWO YEARS! Can you believe it? Time has flown by and it's been so much fun. So, to celebrate and show my appreciation to you, my customers, I'm having the Third Annual Fashion Show-and-Tell (the first was when I took over the shop) on Wednesday, May 19 during the usual knit-in time, 6-8pm. So, bring your finished projects to show off -- and there will be munchies and door prizes too!



Speaking of showing off, here is my finally finished Lace Ribbon Scarf, made with Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II sock yarn:




I love, love, love how this came out!



And I'm now working on Siesta, a short sleeve top, made with Haze, a new Queensland yarn (corn viscose and cotton!). It's very nice to work with and I LOVE the colors:


DK weight - PERFECT for spring/summer items.



And here is my Malabrigo Silky Merino mobius cowl made in 3 hours here at the shop last week:



Talk about a quick knit! Two sessions of this class are coming up if you are interested - the cast on is amazing... http://www.spinningroom.net/classes.htm





Customer Show-and-Tell:



Andrea's hat knit with yarn she spun herself! (modeled by her daughter)



How great is that?





Anne's wonderfully cozy looking 16-Cable Hats made with Cascade 220:



I was so glad she brought these in -- I had been looking at this pattern to have as a potential class and after she brought them in, quickly picked out yarn to make my own. So fun and quick to knit! Stay tuned for my pics and info on a class.



No comments: