Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Learning to knit vs. Learning to race

I asked Paul for the umpteenth time the other day if he wanted me to teach him to knit. His usual "no, thanks" was then followed by, "If you learn to race my car, I'll learn to knit." That's quite the challenge. I'm a little scared to race his car, although have thought about driving it down the track before (going 30 miles an hour, not 130 like he does!). Can you picture me in this?????





Customer Show and Tell:

Laura's Nancy's socks:

Laura got these unfinished socks of Nancy's at her memorial gathering and finished them up quite nicely! I love the checkerboard section. Nancy was making these with 3 Periwinkle Sheep colors. Her sisters each have a pair in the same colors!

Mary Jane's very soft and cozy scarf made with Taos:


Karyn's very pretty stranded mitten that she made in the class here at the shop:


Bill's baby sweater made with Encore Chunky:
He is a fairly new knitter and this came out great!
He is also an experience crocheter (which he did a lot of in the Navy!) and this is one of his doilies:

Allison's cabled fingerless mitts:
Also a fairly new knitter, she designed these herself!
Diane's very pretty Beaded Waterfall Scarf made with yarn from her own alpacas:
Bobbie's also very pretty Beaded Waterfall Scarf:
They took the class for this scarf together!


Chris' wonderfully colorful Lucy Bag made with Ella Rae Classic:
Stevie's Mermaid's Purse (with a little shark inside!):
Christine's wonderful Adult Surprise Jacket made with her stash yarn in the class here at the shop:
And Mary Kate's equally gorgeous Adult Suprise Jacket made with Encore, also in class here at the shop!:


1 comment:

Karin said...

Beautiful projects by beautiful people!

BTW if my husband were to offer me a challenge like that (which would not ever happen), I would take him up on it, see if he comes through. hehe.