Monday, November 22, 2010

Signs of the holidays!

What's going on around the shop?
First and foremost, have you heard? I'm changing the shop hours! Starting January 1, the shop will be closed on Sundays and Mondays. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 10-6; Wednesday, 10-8, Saturday, 10-4. In case you didn't notice, this means I will actually be open MORE hours, for your shopping and knitting pleasure!

It was a busy day in the shop on Saturday -- yet again, the needle felting class was a big hit! Here is what they created:
Some Spring-y flowers...



A poinsetta flower:


A tree ornament:


And a reindeer!:

The creativity in these classes never ceases to amaze me!

What's going on at home?
Stacking. Wood. I love our wood stove. I love doing things with Paul. I don't love stacking wood (but doing it with Paul makes it bearable).

On Saturday night we went to the holiday parade in Schenectady. It was so much fun! We actually got a late start, but still had no trouble finding a parking spot and getting a spot to see the parade. It was quite crowded but we were still able to see pretty well.

And getting ready for the holidays! We are thinking about getting the lights out to hang up on the house. It was raining tonight so we couldn't hang them up - maybe tomorrow. Shopped for sweet potato casserole and broccoli salad ingredients, my contributions to the Thanksgiving table. Yum!

What's on (and off) my needles?
I (almost) finished the Phoebe Mouse from the Phoebe's Sweater book:
Embroidering the eyes and nose are my only obstacles... But it turned out SO. CUTE. Don't you think?
And I'm back to my original spot (plus a few more rows) in the Gathered Scarf that I had ripped out for no reason:
Silky Merino in "Lettuce".
I also started the Shawl Collared Cowl (picture of my project to come, but click on that and it will take you to Ravelry to see it), a new pattern that came into the shop from Never Not Knitting. I heard about them from the Never Not Knitting podcast and really liked this one. I browsed her other patterns and got several -- the Cedar Leaf shawlette, Sheepish kids sweater, Garden Tee kids top. They are very nice patterns. Check them out the next time you are in the shop. I already had to re-order the Shawl Collared Cowl!
What are customers knitting?
(or needle felting) Here is Alison's needle felted turkey (next to the pumpkin cookies she brought to share at the knit-in!):

Christine's pretty B4 Bag:

More of Susan's fingerless-mitts-made-with-leftover-sock-yarn:
I think she said she's made 8 pairs, all with leftovers!
Mary Kate's Maine Morning Mitts made with PeaceLove&Yarn's hand-dyed Bulky Organic Merino:

Darla's felted pouches, which she is going to use for giving gift cards!:


Anne's adorabel (and quick - she made it in an evening!) little purse made with a Flounce-like yarn:

Deirdre's top down baby jackets adn her Easy-as-Pie baby hat, made with Encore:

Stephanie's hand dyed roving and hand spun yarn:

Pat in her Easy Bulky Hat:
And here is her Bully Wooly's felted pouch:
Yvette's hat, scarf/handwarmer sets, and felted purse, all knit to be sold at the Golden Fleece Guild booth at a craft show in Schoharie this past weekend:

Stephanie's itty bitty armadillo, snake and platypus:

Laura's first ever hat, made with Katia Peru:

Don't forget, there won't be a knit-in this week and the shop will be closed on Thanksgiving! Open regular hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Steph said...

"First and foremost, have you heard? I'm changing the shop hours!"

You might have mentioned it....

My handspun and roving looks great in that picture! Better than real life, even. Ha!!

Anonymous said...

Where is the gathered scarf pattern?