Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Show and Tell

I don't get thrilled about the Super Bowl except for three things:
1) food (suprise, suprise)
2) commercials
3) half time show

(and I don't think I'm alone with this list, am I right? anyone?)

Paul and I got some wings and things and enjoyed our Super Bowl fare. I liked a couple of the commercials but overall was not thrilled. Loved the car commercial with the little kid dressed as Darth Vader. I also enjoyed the half time show - I like the Black Eyed Peas and thought they did a great job. The game I could have done without (I guess that's when a DVR would come in handy - just skip over all that nonsense.) so of course.....

During the Super Bowl, I finished my Wonderful Wallaby!
...But I can't figure out how the picture got this way, or how to turn it around. Made with Ella Rae Superwash and I can't believe how soft it got after blocking!
Also finished my Feather and Fan scarf, for the upcoming class March 4):
Made with Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo, a nice Dk weight yarn.
Also, started working on another car seat blanket for someone....
CUSTOMER SHOW AND TELL:
Here is Jan's cowl (for the life of me I can't remember what it's called but will find out --edited to add that Jan's cowl is the Willow Cowl from Ravelry -- click there!), made with Ella Rae Lace Merino. Here it is layed out flat:
And here is what it will look like when you wear it:
Pretty cool!
Rose's collection of scarves, two multi-directional scarves and one gathered scarf:
Sue A's socks made with Zauerball Crazy (which is a newly arrived yarn to the shop!)
Trudi's tam, made for the upcoming class (March 19 & 26):


Robin's newsboy hat, made with Ella Rae Sand Art:


2 comments:

LindyLambChopsNZ said...

Linda here from New Zealand. would love to get the pattern for Jan's Cowl, it is so lovely! I'd love to knit one for the coming winter. Can you help please? Thanks in anticipation.

The Spinning Room said...

Jan's cowl is the Willow Cowl on Ravelry. Link here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/willow-cowl