Friday, February 25, 2011

What the heck happend?

At 9am today, the weather guy said 3-6" of snow.

I walked out my door and there was already 7". That didn't bode well....

It took me two tries to get out of my driveway, having to shovel out the end of the driveway where the plow (finally) came. The whole time, I was thinking, "Oh, this is just up here on the hill where it snows more and takes them forever to plow our street. Rt. 146 will be better." Uh uh. It was worse! A slow, yucky 2 miles to the shop. Then, I had trouble getting into my parking lot and parking space. There was So. Much. Snow.

I spent a nice, quiet day cleaning out my office and tidying things up. One customer (who braved the roads because when she came in from snow blowing, her dog had chewed up her double pointed needles!) and the UPS man came by. Decided to close at 5 in order to be able to clear off my car while it was still light out and make the trek up the hill. Got out there and had to not only dig my car out of the parking spot, but I had to dig myself out of the parking lot onto the street! There was So. Much. Snow.

I got up the hill ok, and then.....
That's my car at the end of our driveway. Did I mention that Paul was on a business trip and so could not plow the driveway and had the 4 wheel drive truck??????? Luckily I got into the driveway off of the street. There was So. Much. Snow.


The snow was so deep I was pushing it away when I was opening the door to my car. My unofficial measurement was 16" and it was still snowing. Poor Mandy didn't know what to do - she was having a hard time bounding around in the snow, so she just headed right back for the door to the house. And here we sit, at 6:55pm, waiting for Paul to get home so he can help get things back to normal. Got the fire going so I think I'll knit a little!

But first.... I finished my monster!:
This is Geet the Garage Monster. He's sitting on the stack of The Big Book of Knitted Monsters that came into the shop on Wednesday. He's adorable. Don't you think??? The other monsters in the book are adorable too and if I didn't have so many other things to knit for the shop, I'd make another. The instructions are easy too.

CUSTOMER SHOW AND TELL:
Amy's socks and fingerless mitts:

And her cowl which is made with a sparkly yarn that I can't remember the name of!:

Sandy's February Lady Sweater, made with Malabrigo Worsted:


Mari in her Wonderful Wallaby, made with Encore during the knit-a-long at the shop:



Phyllis is on a finishing spree --- she put together this afghan that had been started some time ago:
...and she's working on another!

Nancy E's Flounce scarf:



Mignonne's adorable baby sweaters made with Crofter DK:




1 comment:

Joan said...

OMG--The first thing that came to mind was "when it rains it pours" but there must be something more appropriate for So.Much.Snow--Gadzooks!! The finished objects are all gorgeous (as usual) and for some reason Phyllis's especially appeals to me!!!! Hope Paul made it home safe and sound and you are sitting by the fireplace knitting!!!