Monday, June 6, 2011

Goat Sweaters!

So, a long time ago (in November-ish), Paul and I went to the Victorian Holidays celebration in Sharon Springs. I got to meet Josh and Brent of The Fabulous Beekman Boys (reality show on the Planet Green channel). While I was talking to Josh, I asked if Farmer John might like some goat sweaters for when the baby goats are born. Well, turns out Farmer John said he would try a couple. I quickly knit up two samples, one in a green tweed and the other black with "B1802" (for Beekman 1802,the name of their mansion and the year it was built, and also the name of their business) on the back. Lo and behold, the sweaters were on their season 2 finale!!!!!! :
Unfortunately, no mention of me or the shop, but that's ok. I know I'm famous, and now YOU know I'm famous (for like, 2 minutes anyway). You can find the Fabulous Beekman boys on iTunes if you don't have Planet Green. I think the episodes are 1.99 each. The season 2 finale is called "Paging Dr. Brent" if you just want to check that one out with the goat sweaters. And by the way, I've gotten no more requests for sweaters from them.


In the mean time, Jana and I worked up this cute water bottle holder to match the Market Bag Jana is teaching in a class!
This week the yarn I knit it with, Cascade Sierra, is 20% off and if you buy the yarn, you will get the water bottle pattern for free!

What's on my needles you ask?
Here is my Budding Apple shawl that I'm knitting in the KAL:
It's coming along nicely and for those of you in-the-know, I just started chart B.


I also started yet another car seat blanket for a not-to-be-named-because-they-might-read-this person, using Jeanee Worsted:
We don't know if it's a boy or a girl, so I'm leaving out the eyelet pattern.

Last week was the second session of the Bloomsbury Gauntlets class, a pattern in the Color By Kristin book.

Kathy finished one glove, with the embroidery and all:


Pam had almost finished the knitting of one by the end of class:


And Libby and Linda were coming along nicely as well:

Love all the different color combinations!


CUSTOMER SHOW AND TELL:
A beautiful crocheted shawl using Periwinkle Sheep sock yarn:


Robin's wet felted bird house:
Another wet felting session is coming up August 6 if you'd like to try this technique to make a bird house or other felted object such as a table runner or place mat.


Mary Kate in her pretty Cedar Leaf Shawlette, made with Malabrigo Silky Merino:

1 comment:

Libby said...

Great to see that your 'kid' baby sweaters were a hit!