Monday, July 7, 2008

I know you can relate...

I've got four projects going (Forget-me-Not Sock; mitten; Done by Monday afghan; baby cardigan for a store model) and I'm contemplating starting a fifth (an adult cardigan). Plus I've got all this sample yarn the yarn rep brought me that I want to try. The problem is that i want to work on ALL of them at once. How does one choose when you really and truly want to work on all of them? Plus run a store (or go to work, or do your errands etc).

And speaking of choosing... (this may be something I've already discussed, but it came up again today) I put in a yarn order today. It is SOOOOOO hard to choose what yarns and then what colors in those yarns to order. I want them ALL. Too bad I have this thing called a budget. I have been trying to get an idea of what my customers like and keep that in mind when I'm ordering (both with types of yarn as well as getting a good variety of colors). So please feel free to give me your opinion whenever you feel like it. I am open to any and all comments on likes and dislikes.

The aforementioned mitten I am working on is made with Cascade 220 Superwash. I REALLY like this yarn. It is surprisingly (to me) soft and just really nice. I'll post a picture soon. It's in a really pretty light blue, which is not usually what I'd choose for a mitten - I'd pick something darker because that what I associate with winter items for some reason. But I used it anyway and I love it in a mitten. I'm thinking of making the also aforementioned cardigan (the one I'm pondering) in this yarn. Or Kathmandu.

I'm off in search of cooler air. I'm currently in the very stuffy upstairs of my house and feel like I'm wilting...

No comments: