Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pool and other things...

Well, the pool is finally up and running. We've been in it a couple of times and it has been quite refreshing! However, I keep having to go back to the pool store and the receipts are adding up quickly -- that might be the deciding factor in wether or not we keep it.

Last weekend was fun here at the store. Some knitters came to knit and we had a lot of laughs. At one point, I happened to mention there was a particular yarn that wasn't selling in certain colors and mentioned the brown/green colorway. Before I could ask one knitter what she thought of those colors, she was already up out of her chair and making a beeline for the yarn. Little did I know that she is famous for loving that color combination and she then spent the next several minutes (maybe an hour) talking about the yarn and thinking about all the things she might like to make with it.

I also learned that another knitter has a home show at her house every holiday season, with many different local artists selling their creations. She has promised to bring me information about it and I will share it when I get it.

I'm stalled on my Forget-Me-Not sock and I'm hoping to get some help with it tonight at the knit-in. I got to the heel flap, where I'm supposed to "Turn, Purl 16. S1, K1 across 32 stitches. Turn, P 32." But I'm not sure if I didn't turn it the right way or what, but when I did that, the wrong side ended up on the outside. So, I will wait to hopefully be enlightened tonight.

In the meantime, I started a mitten since I'll be teaching a mitten class in August. It's turning out slightly big but I'm going to keep going and see how it turns out.

No comments: