Saturday, July 19, 2008

Project updates

A few pictures of my current works-in-progress....

Done By Monday afghan (pattern #4) made with Encore Deepest Mauve (but I think it is eggplant. Or plum.):

I think I'm about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way done with the blanket. It goes pretty quickly and is a good project to do while watching tv. Paul and I are going to a friend's house for a Christmas in July party today and she lives 2 hours away -- I think I'll be done by the time we get home! (even though it is Saturday and not Monday)

Baby sweater from the Louisa Harding pattern book, made with the Louisa Harding Baby Kashmir DK yarn:
I'm about 3/4 done with this one too. Just have to do about 50,000 yards of that lace edging (bottome of picture). I love this yarn. It is so soft and pretty. The pattern was a little involved but still fairly easy. Not so good to do while watching tv.

Forget-Me-Not sock, with Panda Cotton in periwinkle (have I said it's my favorite color?):


It's getting there, but I feel like it's taking FOREVER. Size 0 needles will do that I guess. But it's coming out very pretty and I can't wait until it's done. Oh yeah, I still have to do the second one...
I'm dying to start a Constant Companion bag, now that I've seen everyone making them lately, or a Lucy Bag because that class is coming up too and the pattern is here and the bag is just so great looking. I'm also trying to decide what yarn to make my cardigan in. I've got a little time, but I think I'm going to be done with at leat two of my projects fairly soon.
Yarn store owner frustration: I had a big yarn order scheduled to come yesterday. Well, it came but several things were backordered!!! And they were the NEW things, like new colors of Happy Feet and new Eco yarn (cashmere and silk). So frustrating, especially when I get so excited about them and want to show them to my customers. I'm hoping to make a call to the company to see what the hold up is... On the plus side, I did get in a couple of new yarns that I am excited about - Alpaca Lace (free scarf pattern with purchase!) and a worsted Alpaca yarn called Ranch ("natural fibers, natural colors").







No comments: