Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's a long story...

So, I was out of commission for a little while, having some sort of stomach bug. A big THANKS to my mom, who was here over the weekend, for watching the shop for me on Saturday while I went home and slept! It was a busy day but she handled it like a pro! And on my two days off.... I slept. And watched tv. I didn't knit, clean, cook or do anything. Oh wait, I did knit a little bit. I started on the Waterfall Beaded Scarf:
Love it - I'm making it with the Mirasol Tupa. A class for this (two different sessions) is scheduled in May and June.
I'm so glad you've been taking me up on my offer to take pictures of your finished projects! Here are some of them:
Libby's Bella Scarf, mostly done (just some end weaving-in to do):

Mitered square scarf made with Mirasol Chirapa. Beautiful!
Maryann's hooded creation:
She started with a hat pattern, then just winged it to make this very warm hood! It's made with alpaca.
Elizabeth's beautiful alpaca sweater:
She worked on it at many of the knit-ins, ripped it back a few times (yoke and arms) -- the results are great!

Eileen's felted clogs:
Made with Ella Rae Classic which felts wonderfully!

...and Eileen's socks:

Both warm and cozy!
Laura's Mock Cable Rib socks:

Made with Socks that Rock (hopefully a yarn I'll have one day!).

Sue's Constant Companion Bag:
Made with Plymouth Galway. Great bag that she's using to carry her knitting projects! Another class for this is scheduled in June!
Also, check out Sarah's spinning wheel!:
This is her Louet which she got for Christmas. Her husband, David Hoffman, who is a graphic designer, personalized it for her! Isn't it great??? Since I like to support small businesses (because I am one), here is David's information in case you are interested in adorning YOUR wheel, or have any other graphic design needs:
Twilight Printing and Design, LLC
PO Box 882
Guilderland, NY 12084
518 357-3748
and website coming soon: www.twilightprinting.com
Also, I got my beads for the Waterfall Beaded Scarf at Diva Beads and Jewels, 190 State Street, Schenectady, NY 518-346-1800, divabeads@verizon.net Kathleen Cianfarani is the owner and she is very nice and very helpful!
Finally (I made you wait for it).... THE NEW CLASS SCHEDULE IS OUT!!!!! Classes for April, May and June are now posted on the website at: http://www.spinningroom.net/classes.htm Even more will be added soon but wanted to get them out as soon as possible. There are several returning classes due to popular demand and some waiting lists, but there are new classes too!








No comments: