Thursday, September 17, 2009

In case you forgot....

I posted a picture of one of the new Woodstock Knits kits in a recent post, but wanted to share it with you again to help get you excited for Heidi's visit on Saturday.....

This is the hat from the Slouchy Hat & Scarf kit. I can't tell you how nice this alpaca is to knit with --- and the resulting hat is so comfy! Heidi will have samples and kits, as well as color cards.
The knit-in was last night and there were several people knitting sweaters - a sure sign of the cool weather that is coming. I'm wearing my very comfy top-down cardi made with the Kathmandu Aran this morning since it's a little chilly. Love. it.
Some show and tell:
Stevie's slippers made with the Cotton Rich DK:
Very cute...and the little section of beads adds a touch of elegance.
Elizabeth's 3rd and 4th set of leg warmers for her friend's twins:
So adorable!

Robin's To-go Cup Cozy made with Noro Silk Garden sock yarn and Cipria novelty yarn:

This is the project we will have this year for the Charity Knitting class. You'll make this for yourself but the class fee will go to help the families we will adopt for the holidays!
And finally, I finished my cabled hat last night:

Haven't blocked it yet, but will do that today. I really like how it came out and the yarn (Leche) is wonderful. (I've got to say, the blue head creeps me out a little. I have several of these heads but the others are white. This blue one is a little weird, don't you think?)

5 comments:

the original nancy said...

Actually, I've always liked the blue head better than the others.

Anonymous said...

Liz - where is this pattern? Just realizing you might just say "at the shop"... will have to make it in at some point.

Joan said...

And I like the new color but in typical old-brain fashion don't remember what the old color was--sad, huh???

Karin said...

i Love the new layout and color scheme!!! And the blue head is great for the white hat. You have a theme going here...:)

Robin said...

blue head is ... a .... blue!
wouldn't have given it much thought!