Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nothing but knitting

That's pretty much what I did on my days off! We went down to New Jersey for the day (for a race) on Sunday. I couldn't knit in the car because the highway was so incredibly bumpy. But I knit most of the day while we were there. Then on Monday and Tuesday I got a LOT of knitting done.....

Finished one half of my super secret pattern. (sorry, no pics yet)


16" of the Celtic Cabled scarf got done:



Such a pretty pattern. I'm knitting it with the Debbie Bliss Rialto DK which I LOVE. Such nice soft yarn and really wonderful to knit with. I think it really shows off the cables well.


14" of the Luscious Lace scarf got done:



Nice and easy lace pattern - great for beginning lace knitters. Knit with Ella Rae Lace Merino which is also a VERY nice yarn to knit with. 100% superfine merino. Beautiful colors.


Show and Tell:

Elizabeth's adorable baby leg warmers:


Can't you just picture them on a little baby???


Annie's Bella's Mittens:


Warm and cozy. I tried them on. They fit me.... just saying.


Jan's Einstein coat!:

She knit this up so fast -- It looks great!

Diane's beautiful Waterall Beaded Scarf made with Mirasol Tupa at a class in the shop:


I'm amazed at all the different color combinations of yarn and beads that the class members have chosen. BEAUTIFUL!

Now that I've gotten a significant portion done of the scarves.... On to hat knitting for upcoming classes.

1 comment:

Nancy Giebelhaus said...

I am very jealous that you got to knit on your days off. The longest time I have to knit is when I come to Wednesday night knitting. Otherwise it is knitting for 15-20 minutes at 9:00 pm before my brain is too tired to concentrate.

I am glad that it is exciting for you to knit on your days off when you are surrounded by knitting during your work week.