Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catching you up....

Wow, it's been over a week since I've posted here. Sorry about that. Again, pretty busy. We have a new president. I spent much of Tuesday on the couch, riveted by all the goings on on the TV. And crocheting my beach bag (for the class in March):

I have a long way to go. It's about 24" long and I have to crochet until it is 17" high. Right now it's 3" high. I'm using the Cascade Sierra which is 80% cotton, 20% wool. Very nice yarn. Especially for a beach tote (or it could be a market bag).

And knitting my Lucy bag (for class tonight):



This is just the bottom with a few side rows done. I've done 30 of 120 rows. I got lots of colors of Ella Rae Classic in last week and my Lucy bag is made with two of them (the olive #18 and the eggplant #28). I love these two colors together.
I've also recently started another Noro striped scarf to use as a sample at the store for Silk Garden, since I gave my other sample to my sister for Christmas.:



Colors 282(left) and 279 (right). Paul and I went to a holiday party for his car club on Saturday and I started knitting this in the car on the way down. In the dark. No joke. It wasn't too difficult. I needed to turn the light on a couple of times when I stopped paying attention, but otherwise not bad. Love, love, love these scarves. They are so easy and so stunning. My mom loves the one I made her for Christmas and has called several times to tell me how much she loves it and how many people have commented on it.
Speaking of my mom:


These will soon ( I hope soon) be the replacement cashmere socks for those I made her for Christmas and didn't fit.
Have you seen the new hospitality area at the shop????
I got a cool one-cup-at-a-time hot beverage maker. It makes coffee, tea or cocoa. All different kinds. Decaf, half-caf, caf, hazelnut coffee; herbal tea, regular tea... I tell ya, it's almost like you were at Starbucks. But not.

No comments: