Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Progress

I'm making progress on several fronts!
First, I'm FINALLY done with inventory. I counted the buttons yesterday (using my perfect memory for those buttons that were sold since Dec 31) and finalized all my lists. Yay.
Second, I prepared everything I need to prepare for the accountant for taxes. Yay.
Third, I finally figured out how to use my MP3 player and am currently listening to a very good book. It's perfect when Paul is playing Grand Tourino (play station racing game). I can listen and knit/crochet at the same time. Love it.
Fourth, I'm coming along nicely with my crocheted beach tote:
Yay. If I'm really ambitious tonight, I'm going to finish the main bag (except for the handles). It's 12 inches high right now and i need to get to 15 1/2 inches before doing the top edge. I have to give props to my sweetie who sat next to me while I crocheted (and watched tv) the past two nights and continually pulled yarn out of the ball for me. I'm telling you, I wouldn't have gotten this far if I had to stop every few minutes myself. I'm hoping there is something good on tv tonight that he wants to watch so the rapid progress can continue.
As he was pulling, occassionally he'd get to those parts where a little blob/sort-of-tangle of yarn would come out. He asked, "What is this called? Is there a technical term for it?" When I said, "I don't know. It's just a blob," he decided it should be called a "web". There you go. Start using it.
And here is what my cat does all day:
It's her chair. No one else can sit in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing your inventory and so many other necessary tasks. Your kitty is sweet. I had a gray cat, too, but short-haired. The Irish Hiking scarf is so gratifying the way the cables appear as I knit. Great class! Your husband is a doll to'feed' your yarn for you.