Thursday, June 18, 2009

The end-weaving fairy came!

While I was at the Sheep and Wool Gathering on Saturday, the end-weaving fairy came to the shop and wove in the bazillion ends of my Rambling Rows afghan! Joan was nice enough to do this for me while I was gone. I can't tell you what a relief it is not to have to do it. Now, if I had just kept weaving them in as I went along (which I started to do and then somehow stopped).... the Rambling Rows class is this Sunday and I will be STRONGLY suggesting this to the class! It's hard to be done, but not really done.

Also, while at the Sheep and Wool Gathering on Saturday, Bonny brought her needle case to show me:
This is a macrame needle holder made with wool, which she then starched to make it stiff. Pretty neat, huh? Barbara was there and saw it, then said she also had a tall needle case which she brought in to show me on Sunday:
Also pretty neat.
It's yarn rep season again and I've been looking at all kinds of new yarns for the fall. I've picked some good ones out and still have two more reps to see. Two of the new yarns will be in by the end of this month! Stay tuned.
Show and Tell:
Barbara's felted clogs:
She loves them!
Laura's beautiful Bella's Mittens:
Apparently a pattern worn by a character in the movie Twilight. VERY comfy (I tried them on).

Nancy G's baby hat and socks made with Wildfoote sock yarn by Brown Sheep:
So cute.
Nancy V's Happy Choices socks:
She dyed the scarf/sock blank herself! They came out beautiful. She is also modeling the very pretty bracelet Joan gave her. (sorry the pic is a little blurry....)
And finally, Sally's very cool Lucy bag made with Ella Rae and Noro Kureyon:

No comments: