Monday, June 15, 2009

Sheep and Wool Gathering pics

The Sheep and Wool Gathering at Thacher Park was so much fun! We had a (mostly) great weather day and a great turnout. There was a lot to do, but I didn't get pictures of everything. The Mountain Treadlers (the local spinning and weaving guild) were there spinning on wheels and drop spindles.
Nancy was also spinning, and Robin was knitting:
And there is Iryth, too!
There were some other vendors, selling jams and jellies, soaps, yarn and roving. I didn't get to see the sheep and the herding demonstration, but they were there. And there were llamas and alpacas. This is Terri Conroy with her llamas, who came to visit me at my tent:
They jump:
And some alpacas from Staghorn Valley Alpacas:
Oh my gosh, so cute.
And this llama, who kept making a warning call that sounded like a wicked witch's cackle:
....and was upsetting this very cute alpaca, named Cloud:
Isn't she just precious? And sooooooooo soft.
Another llama:
And there was a band:
Oooooh and the display of beautiful shawls!
Here was my setup:
See Paul over there on the left? He was such a big help to me - truly my biggest fan - and so enthusiastic about everything going on that day!
A closeup of my new sign, a collaborative effort between Yvette and Paul:
You see, Yvette had a dream which she called and described to me on my answering machine. In it, she said I was using my car magnets and a piece of metal to bring around the the various festivals I was going to. So, I got Paul right on it and he created this wooden/sheet metal sign that I stuck my car magnet to! Pretty cool, huh? Thanks Yvette!
Finally, I must show you this tub of yumminess that I brought with me to the event, and which I will have in the store, at least until this Friday!:
A new sock yarn from The Periwinkle Sheep! 100% superwash merino. Very lovely with wonderful colors. This is a little different from the other yarn I have (80% merino, 20% nylon) because the twist is a little tighter and it takes the color differently. These colors are a little deeper. Some see/feel them at the shop....

1 comment:

Karin said...

You are the best.
I wish I could have come to the fiber festival...looks like a good time!