Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day off goings on

I've been working on the new class schedule for Jan/Feb/Mar and therefore have been knitting up a storm of samples for the classes...
A square from the Lizard Ridge afghan to learn short rows and wrapping stitches :
This is a pattern on Knitty.com and can be found by clicking here: http://www.knitty.com/issuefall06/PATTlizardridge.html )
Each square is made from one skein of Noro Kureyon. It's nice because you can use many different colors and therefore don't have to buy all the yarn at once. Just knit one up every now and then, and eventually you have a beautiful afghan.
A double knit checkerboard scarf:
Using Cascade 220 (solid charcoal) and Andes (hand painted blues/grays/lavenders). This is a double sided scarf and reversed (the black checks on this side are blue on the other side etc). Fun technique to learn. Makes a nice thick scarf!
Other potential projects in the works for classes are the Clapotis - another Knitty.com pattern (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html); some sort of mobius knitting; felted clogs (of course); finishing techniques; socks; baby surprise jacket again; constant companion bag again and more! Suggestions???? Please comment!
And here's a better picture of the Woodstock Knits alpaca lace leaf shawl which shows the pattern better:
In addition to all this knitting, I decided to knit hats for my three nephews and my dad for Christmas. Started one hat today. I think they should go pretty quickly. (famous last words).
Today was also the day to start preparing for Thanksgiving. We are going to Boston for the day, to my aunt's house. I'm making my "famous" bread dip and broccoli salad, so I did some of the prep work today so I won't have to do so much tomorrow night when I get home late.
Knit-in WILL be happening tomorrow so I hope to see you there.... I'm bringing goodies!

No comments: