Monday, November 10, 2008

More yarn!

I got in a LARGE shipment of yarn from Cascade on Friday. I took pictures but, of course, forgot to download the pics. So, I will post those soon. In the meantime....
I've added about 20 colors to my Cascade 220 collection. They look very pretty on the shelf since I tried to put them in rainbow order.
I also added about 8 colors to the Ecological Wool (wonderful chunky yarn) - in enough quantities for sweaters!!!
Also, two new yarns... Eco Alpaca (100% undyed alpaca) in, of course, 6 natural colors (browns, greys and black). Very soft. 220 yards, worsted weight.
AND Heritage Sock Yarn! In solid colors, since you've been asking for them. Very nice, soft, wool. 400-something yards, merino superwash and nylon.

The weekend was busy. My mom came to visit and hung out in the shop. She left with some new knitting projects, including starting her first pair of socks! Pumpkin Muffin Day was Saturday and several people got to enjoy that. The Spinning Class got started and was a big success. They will be back next Saturday to learn to ply. The Mountain Treadlers had their monthly meeting at the store and it was a lot of fun.

That's all for now. I'm off to have a massage! I got a gift certificate for my birthday so I'm induling in a massage and hopefully come home to take a nap!
Then work on my Woodstock Knits alpaca Ribble Scarf.

No comments: