Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Blog

A customer (thanks Nancy D.!) told me about this blog: http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/


She and another customer (Laura!) have raved about his Noro Striped scarf. They are absolutely beautiful... on Ravelry search "Noro Striped Scarf" to see a bunch of examples. There are also some links on the brooklyntweed website (right side of the page under "recently completed". Ooh, I just realized I can put one of the pictures from his website here...

Pretty huh?
To make it, you need 4 skeins of Noro Silk Garden (in 2 different colors). The results are so striking. And it just so happens I have Noro Silk Garden here at the store! Just so you know.



In other news, Altamont was absolutely mobbed with trick-or-treaters last evening. I didn't realize it would be so crowded or I would have made more of an effort ---- It would have been fun to sit on the porch and hand out candy. I didn't have enough because I ate a lot of it not realizing there would be such crowds. I had gummy body parts which were extremely yucky and yummy at the same time. Once you get over the idea that you are eating a bloody foot (or a nose, or an ear or an eyeball), they are pretty tasty. I'll be more prepared next year.

No comments: