Monday, August 31, 2009

A house and a shed

Did I mention that a couple of weeks ago, Paul and I drove to McAdoo, Pennsylvania to pick up a house for his car?


Much more secure and more storage space for when we go to races in Ohio etc. Also, means my garage space is available! While we were on the road home, we saw this:


Ha! Just like in that movie where the passenger was sleeping and the driver drove right up to the truck and then woke the passenger up screaming so he'd think the truck was coming right at them....


And in shed news.... here is my Sunday project before:




and after:




And yesterday we wrapped it in Tyvek.


And today the bee guy came to take care of all our bee nests. (yes, somewhat unrelated, but noteworthy nonetheless)


And I've been working on this since Sunday, getting a lot done very quickly because of the super chunky yarn:





It is the One Button Wonder cardigan from the Sirdar Big Softie pattern book. The sleeves are almost done, then the yoke. I hope I'll be finished knitting with only seaming to do by tomorrow. I'm using the new Addi Clicks and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! So far, I used it with worsted weight and super bulky yarn. No problems with the join etc. They are certainly living up to their reputation.


Also, I finally got a Kromski Sonata (travelling spinning wheel) model in the shop!! Come down if you'd like to try it out....


And finally, some show and tell:

My slouchy hat from the Slouchy Hat and Scarf kit by Woodstock Knits:



This is a new kit this fall and I will be getting some in soon. Heidi from Woodstock Knits will be at the shop on Saturday September 19, 11am-2pm with her kits and samples so stop in to see them and say hi to Heidi!


Robin's Hat/Scarf combination being modeled by Nancy:



(and showing the un-woven in end). This was made with the other super bulky yarn that is new this fall, Expression. Nice variegated colors, thick/thin yarn.


And Wilna's recent sock knitting frenzy:



That's Happy Feet on the left and the rest are Periwinkle Sheep sock yarns!


And her beautiful shawl which is made with the Silky Wool:


4 comments:

Nancy said...

"Ha! Just like in that movie where the passenger was sleeping and the driver drove right up to the truck and then woke the passenger up screaming so he'd think the truck was coming right at them...."

Okay, anyone remember what movie that was?>?

Joan said...

Wilna's socks are awesome!! Must be combination of yarn and knitter!! And I won't mention the picture with someone holding an unfinished end!!!! The wearer would NEVER do that herself!!!

Robin said...

Laura may know what movie it was!

The ends are now woven in, the Nomad hat/scarf is in the shop and the pattern is available from Interweave (it was in the Fall 2007 issue) - check the class schedule - interesting cast on - great fitting hat and WARM, WARM, WARM!

I actaully LOST a hat last year that didn't have the ends woven in.

Karin said...

Oh wow! So great to see my yarn transformed.