Friday, December 12, 2008

Lots of ice


Lots and lots of ICE! Everywhere. Trees are down on our street and in our yard. So far, our power is still on, but it's getting really windy on the hill and I have a feeling it will go out. The ice on my car was about a 1/2 inch thick.

A couple of trees on the green across from the store also have big branches down. Paul drove me down to the store this morning (he's working from home today because the news reported lots of roads closed and power outages in Schenectady where he works). He's going to bring me lunch and keep me company because I have a feeling it will be pretty quiet, at least until later this afternoon. We got here early to salt and shovel the porch and the sidewalk but it was already done! I guess my landlord has someone do it.

Once I get the store tidied up, maybe I'll get a chance to practice my spinning and work on my knitting projects!

No comments: