Friday, December 19, 2008

Mmmmm....cookies

Tomorrow is Holiday Cookie Day at the store, which means I bring cookies and you enjoy them! These are the frosted ones. I have non-frosted, with just the red and green sugar on them, but they just didn't look as pretty so I didn't take a picture. Now I'm wishing I frosted all of them.
Here's the thing about me and baking things for a party or an event. I'm always worried that there won't be enough and as a result, Paul only gets to eat the broken ones. Now, mind you, there are always PLENTY. I never don't have enough. There are ALWAYS some left over. But, I'm never absolutely sure. Tonight I made 54 cookies. I'm pretty sure there have never been 54 people in the store in one day. As the (mostly) eternal optimist, I'm thinking "You never know. Tomorrow is the Saturday before Christmas and it may very well be mobbed with last minute shoppers. I hope 54 is enough."
As they were baking away, Paul came in from the garage where he has been working hard painting a car for a friend. He had this really expectant look on his face and said "It smells SO good in here, can I have one?". In the split second after he asked, he must have seen my face and said "A broken one?" He had a broken one and then I felt bad so I said, "Well, you can have a regular one if you want." And he said, "That's ok. Maybe later." (which means he'll probably have another broken one). He's so great. Very tolerant. ; )
Meanwhile, today was the big snow storm. LOTS of snow. Paul dropped me off and picked me up since his truck has 4 wheel drive. I ended up closing only an hour early when it was really coming down hard. On the way up 146 we were behind a county sherriff who got stuck and had to turn around and go back down the hill!
I actually had several customers which surprised me because I thought people would just be getting home. It was still pretty quiet which gave me the much needed chance to catch up on a few things. I got to the store early since Paul dropped me off on his way to work, so I did all kinds of filing (there was a huge pile on my desk). Then I got the sign made for the wall by the cash register that lists all the new classes. And realized that there are A LOT of classes scheduled - I'm really excited about them and I hope you all like them. Then I started working on my sample for the granny squares crochet class, a scarf:
I think it will be pretty cute. Granny squares are coming back you know. This picture is not the greatest (New Year's resolution is to get a better digital camera for the shop!) but the squares are yellow, pink and fuscia. And they are crochet-ing up (doesn't roll off the tongue as well as "knitting up") pretty quickly too.
Off to have dinner now that the cookies are don!

No comments: