Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happenings around town ...

Ok, so it's really the happenings right outside my door...


I've been enjoying the beautiful weather, with the windows and doors open to let the nice cool air in. It's been great. So today, I'm standing on the porch eating my peanut butter and bagel, and I see this on the green....


It's a little blurry, but I couldn't get too close or it would run away. What the heck is it? It looks kind of like a chicken, but sort of like a pheasant (I think). It's just walking back and forth and around the gazebo and looks lost.

Also, work has begun on the train station-soon-to-be-library...


They are working on the slate roof. I have no idea how long it will be before the library is there, but it's exciting they will be getting a new space.

I'm off to put the finishing touches on my baby sweater and will post it soon...

3 comments:

Tina Martinez said...

It's a Guinea (sp?) Hen! I just saw my first ones last weekend as well, my parents neighbors have some roaming around. They're kinda pretty in a dull grey way, and the ones I saw were pretty tame so I was able to get close.

Courtney said...

That would absolutely be a guinea hen. My father-in-law used to have quite a few at his old place. They eat ticks and aren't really something we would eat.

Julie Branch said...

Hi-that bird looks like a guinea fowl. I saw some beautiful guineas at the Altamont Fair that were exhibited by a priest who lives at the monastery (I think that's what they call it) on Leesome Lane which isn't terribly far from you. Maybe he's a runaway! I love your shop by the way!