Thursday, September 18, 2008

More goings on...

So, here's what's been going on since my last post (this morning)

Here is a picture of the first slate being put on the roof of the train-station-soon-to-be-library...
They had a nice ceremony, which I tried to hear from the porch, but the traffic was loud and I couldn't hear much. But they had a class from the elementary school there, and they sang a song about reading. Very cute. The mayor and the town supervisor also spoke. There were others there but I couldn't hear who they were!
Other exciting stuff... the fire alarm went off today. Skeerd the bejeesuz out of me. I heard someone in the building was trying to cook a steak...
Also, started the Great American Aran afghan block (Judith Levy; p 4-5). I'm using Cascade 220 this time, which I really like. And I'm trying it in a color other than off white, which I also really like:
See those cute stitch markers? They spell out my name!(in case you can't see) Joan True (that's T-r-u-e) made them for me! I love them!

No comments: