Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More goings on...

The knit-in last night was, again, fabulous! We had 22 people here and had to go next door to the Home Front for chairs. More folding chairs are now on my To Get list since it seems higher attendance at the knit-ins might not just be a fad (whew!). By the way, also on my To Get list are lightbulbs (did anyone notice it was a little dimmer in here last night? There are two bulbs out!), and name badges (the poor hat class had to wrestle with jumbo post-its that kept falling off -- sorry!). Oh, and more knitting friendly treats -- the Tootsie Pops, while yummy, are not exactly conducive to eating while knitting.

Just got in some Eco Wool DK by Sirdar. 100% undyed virgin wool. Five natural, eathy colors Very nice and GREAT pattern books. Now on my To Knit list is a sample of this yarn. I'm hoping tomorrow will bring me the Step Duett sock yarn - very cool colors and patterns!

Today will be the ribbon cutting ceremony for the train-station-soon-to-be-Altamont-library. If I can see anything from the porch, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Ok, off to knit the next Great American Aran Afghan square for the November class...

No comments: