Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Knitting in the dark...

...I've been doing a lot of that this week. We traveled to see friends in Massachusetts on Sunday and on the way home, I was knitting my log cabin blanket in the dark. And I actually didn't drop any stitches or do anything else weird to it. Unless I take a Dramamine (which I don't do unless it is a really long trip because it makes me fall asleep for the first hour and a half), I can't look at my knitting in the car anyway, so I've been practicing knitting while not looking. It came in handy when it was dark!

Funny thing: When we went to our friends' houses (we saw two sets of friends), Paul told them how I'm always knitting, "even in the car". Their eyes got really big and they said "Even in the CAR??". It's so funny how weird they thought it was that I'd knit in the car.

I'm also continuing work on the basic baby sweater for the class later this fall. It's coming out nicely so far. I had a little trouble navigating the pattern at the neckline decreases but figured it out and am now back on track. I can't say enough how much I love this Mirasol Tupa yarn. It's just SO nice to knit with !

Also, I just read The Panopticon blog (link on the right hand side of this page) and Franklin Habit is putting together a Guys who Knit calendar. He posted some of the pics on his blog. Let me know what you think of it... I could buy some to sell in the store, but I don't know....

I've finally got all the classes posted through December on the website. I have the newsletter complete, which won't really be news to those who read my blog or get my emails, but it will be at the store and you can feel free to pick one up and pass it around to all your friends, neighbors and co-workers! My problem now is figuring out how to link the newsletter to the website. I did it last time, but I can't remember how! And, I think last time, it ended up with the formatting a little wonky. I'll keep trying.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

The class list looks AWESOME. Too bad I'm in Manhattan...