Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekends

Last night, after the store closed, I went to Connecticut to go to dinner with a group of girlfriends. One of my challenges, having moved to New York, but also having purchased a yarn shop where I have to work on Saturday and Sunday, is trying to stay in touch with my friends. So, I left here at 4:20, got to the restaurant at 6:30 (right on time), had dinner, caught up, left there at 9:20 and got back home to NY at 11:30 so that I could be here to open this morning. I was a little tired but not too bad. I realized while it is something that may be a little challenging, it was definitely worth it to see them! I passed out my business cards and told them to check out the blog -- Hi girls!!!

They all asked how things were going with the shop and I told them it was going well, despite my every-now-and-then fear that people will just stop coming in (if you were a yarn shop owner, you'd do the same!). But, I told them that September seemed to be picking up so I haven't been as worried. And what happens today???? NO ONE CAME IN!!!! I must have drawn bad karma toward myself.

On the positive side, and trying to bring back good karma, look what I was able to finish while no one was coming in...


It's the second afghan block for the November Great American Aran Afghan block class (Julie Levy p 4-5).

And I cast on to do a beret with the new Eco Wook DK!

No comments: