Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Yarn!

YAY! New yarn came in --- Nature Wool Multy by Araucania and Kureyon and Silk Garden by Noro. They are GREAT! We had about 25 people here at the knit in last night and the new yarns were a big hit! I almost sold out of one color and definitely sold out of one of the pattern books (more are on the way). It's nice when my choice of yarns/colors is validated. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right.


I'm knitting a sample of the Nature Wool Multy:

Aren't the colors pretty? Check out the website for a picture of the other colors, but you are probably going to have to come in and see for yourself how great the colors are. Especially the Noro colors. I took a picture of them on the shelf but the ends of the skeins look nothing like the sides of the skeins. There are such unique and beautiful color combinations.
Oh yeah, and today I FINALLY got the Step Duett sock yarn I've been waiting for. I can't wait to knit a sample of that too.
ANOTHER yarn rep came today - from Cascade. I was again overwhelmed with my choices and mostly just ended up adding to my colors of Cascade 220 and Ecological Wool. I did find two new yarns, though. A very nice alpaca with a lot of yardage for a pretty good price. AND a new sock yarn!
In front porch news, I've been doing a great job preserving the life of my impatiens by coming down to the store on the recent frosty evenings to cover them! I've also put up fall leaf garlands on the railings to add to the fall atmosphere. I've got some other fake fall leaves that I was going to embellish the windows with, but haven't gotten to it yet. As Robin said at the knit-in last night, if I just wait a little while, it will be time for snowflakes anyway! We'll see if I get my act together this week...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I notice you chose the brown and green. Was that specially for Karen?